Monday, May 21, 2012

Tribute to the pioneer of disco, R Gibb.

As the rain's falling heavily outside of my room, I have been woken up with a bad news today. It is indeed a gloomy day today. We have lost a legend yet again, a great loss of Robin Hugh Gibb. He was known as the pioneer of disco, along with his brothers in a band better known as Bee Gees. Rather, 'Saturday Night Fever' will perhaps sound familiar to you? I grew up listening to them and don't know if you guys have seen or even heard of a thing call Laser Disc? Yea, I am that ancient and a true fan that I still have their live concert in National Tennis Center in Melbourne, Australia back in 1989 laser disc with me.

The Bee Gees

I still remember back in those days where my dad used to dance to their songs while carrying me up when I was a kid. Every time when my dad insert the bulky disc into the player, both me and my brother will run into our tiny storeroom, buck up our badminton rackets around our shoulder and start playing our 'guitar'along with the live concert. One of my all time favourite song by them will be 'To Love Somebody'. A song my dad used to sing to my mum when they were young, when they were still dating, I guess there's where I got my singing passion from ayy?



He will definitely be deeply missed by me and of course my dad as they were one of his favourite bands too. With the only surviving member of Bee Gees, Barry Gibb it's my deepest condolence to you and your family for the lost-stay strong sir. As a Bee Gee's fan, I will always remember your songs and the influence of it to my world of music. As said by Berni Brady, he wrote 'Music lost a legend, God got an angel RIP.' 


Source stated that he died in London after intestinal surgery and a long battle with cancer. The official date of his death was on 20th May 2012 at the age of 62.



"We've been in each other's pockets our entire lives" - Robin Hugh Gibb.


1 comment: