Thursday, May 31, 2012

Hari Belia 2012 Dodgeball Competition

Credits to Felicia Choi for this shot

Greetings to all my awesome fellow peeps! Since I'm having a very long break before dodgeball training later, I thought of updating you guys with my last weekends experience. With my laptop running and managed to leach the internet line from Secret Recipe, we are set and here we go!

Yet another weekend has become a part of our history and from the bottom of my heart, I truly hope that all of you had a good one! Well, as for me, I was having a back-to-back Dodgeball tourney under the mighty hot sun with ultra-blazing temperature. Despite getting sunburned, I would like to say that I had a great time & I'm much more tanner now. LOL (still going through the skin peeling period though) 

It all started with a shaky Saturday morning where I was supposed to be in University to catch the bus together with our other dodgeball family members to go to the venue at 7.30 am and I was late, 8.15 am late :\ Without thinking of the safety, I sped with my car thinking that I could catch up with the bus. And as I was paying for the toll in Max Highway, I gently ask the toll person for the direction to Putrajaya where the tournament was held. And of all the day, she just have to give me the wrong direction. The road that she told to use leads me back to where I was before, Bukit Jalil -,- Though I was very angry at myself for being so irresponsible, I put 'em all aside and continue my journey back to Putrajaya by U-turning back to the same highway again. O,O'

Finally, I reached the place and thankfully I was just in time for the official opening for the tournament. There we were standing under the humid environment, desperately searching for a shade to hide ourselves from the burning-glare. Just when I thought we will only play against teams from Malaysia, we were told that there were actually teams that were formed by players from various countries such as Singapore, the United States of America and also the Philippines. I must say, they are all very friendly indeed. (:

On the first day of the tournament, all the teams from our University did very well by winning in most of the matches in the group stage. But sadly to say, on the first day of the tournament, I wasn't performing that well, which somehow brought our Red Legion's standard down. Aiks.

As for the second day of the tournament, it was judgement day. Where the announcement of teams that qualified to the knock-out stage were held. And most of our teams made it (Red Devils, Devil's Dukes and Red Legion). I'm somehow pretty surprised myself that we can actually make it this far. But unfortunately for the guys category, we weren't that lucky as two of our male team (Devil's Dukes & Red Legion) lost in a very unlucky Quarter-Finals sudden death match. As for our third team, even though they are still new, they manage to come up 3rd in the group stage, which is a very good start for them.

Whereas for the girl's team, Red Devil's they managed to win all the matches and finish as Champions in the tournament. I am indeed very-very proud of them all, for they have prove to the others that it is not a good idea for them to look down on Red Devils though there were a few new players in the team. 

Although, in this tournament, only our girls team manage to grab the Championship, I'm still very happy to see the growth of maturity from our family. The spirit and support that everyone gave during the tournament was just simply amazing. Not giving a damn about the burning weather, every one gathered outside of the cage to cheer when one of our team's playing. We also managed to prove to the others that when you have a match with us, we won't make it easy for you!

Although in this tournament, we guys team didn't win anything but we definitely win something from the others, which is respect. Which is not an easy thing to earn.

'Play as a team, win as a team, lose as a team, that's how we play!' 

Will be uploading the pictures for the tournament as soon as I can grab the photos out from the memory card. Till then do stay tuned for more exciting updates in the future. Have a great day ahead, Cheers!

For more info on our team, feel free to visit us on our humble Facebook fan page : Devil's Dukes

Credits to Xin Ni for this shot

p/s: Thank you for the knee guard (:

Yours truly,
Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment