Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A boy was born; A man has gone





Greetings to my fellow peeps-Happy Tuesday!

With a bright sun shinning down to our lovely mother earth, I was awaken to a purple sky this morning for my class. After I was done with all my classes, I've decided to look back into my old photo albums - photos during my previous trips. There I was, stumbling across the photos during my trip with my family to a dazzling beach better known as Kuta beach which is located in Bali, Indonesia back in the month of December 2010.

It was indeed my first experience of celebrating my birthday outside of my homeland. And it was because of this expedition that I've learn to agree with the fact that behind every happy occasion, there will be one individual who is sad and in this case I was the one who's in the so-cal 'parallel universe.' sigh

As far as I can remember, after a few hours of journey in the bus to our local Low Cost Carrier Terminal, there I was sitting on a long cold bench with a cup of Java Chip, waiting for the gate to open. At first, the trip was all filled with excitement and thrills, since it was my first time going to Bali with my family. But unfortunately, on the second day of our trip, which was also the day of my 19th birthday, I received a very heartsick call.

It was from my Godmother herself and with her gloomy voice over the phone, it was even harder for me to digest the news. Somehow, till this very day, the words that came out from her mouth is still haunting me. She told me that my Godfather was surfing in the open sea until a wild boat came and knocked him off from his surfing board. Due to the huge impact, he was immediately unconscious. And an hour after my birthday was stated, the hospital called to notify us that his heart has stop beating.

Papa Momo (that's how I address my Godfather) was 45 and he is survived by his wife and two handsome sons. Apart of sobbing for the entire night, his eldest son, Sanjaya kept comforting and  constantly reminding us to not to be sad about this because Momo was doing what he love before he died. So we should be happy for him instead (': 

As for his funeral, we held a Paddle Out Ceremony for him. Paddle out is a traditional funeral service held by the Hawaiian for surfers who have lost their life. So most of the people who were closed to him attended the service.

Paddle Out Service

Anyways, I shall end this post with some photos throughout the rest of my journey in Bali with my family. Enjoy (:

p/s: It was all taken back in 2010 & I was still learning
















































So yeap, that's bout all peeps. Thanks for stopping by once again and hope you enjoyed your stay here (: More stuff will be coming up soon, so do stay tuned for more. Have a great day ahead! Cheers!


Yours truly,
Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment